Digital Marketing Manager
Flexible location (or All locations)
Bat Conservation International (BCI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection of bats and their habitats in America and around the world, seeks a Digital Marketing Manager. BCI will consider candidates from all locations.
The Digital Marketing Manager will join a dynamic organization and a highly progressive team, reporting directly to the Director of Communications. The position will be a key member of the Development & Communications department, responsible for scaling our digital campaigns and increasing our engagement to reach and inspire the largest number of supporters.
This individual will elevate the organization’s brand and promote our mission within the digital space as well as drive traffic to the organization’s website and acquire new supporters. The Digital Marketing Manager will manage our digital, web, and social content and outreach, as well as our digital assets management system.
The Digital Marketing Manager must be collaborative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission and results-driven, where they can bring their whole self to work, contribute to positive ecological and social change and achieve significant professional growth for future career opportunities.
BCI is a distributed organization with staff across the United States with two offices in Washington, DC and Austin, TX. Candidates in the Washington, DC, and Austin, TX metropolitan areas of the U.S. have the option to work in an office.
Digital Campaign Development
- Plan and implement digital marketing campaigns including web, social, and email.
- Pioneer new and creative growth tactics to increase engagement and obtain the largest number of supporters through our digital space.
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Write and develop content for the organization’s monthly e-newsletters.
- Provide support to the Development team on acquisition efforts to promote membership and bat conservation.
- Manage contractors as needed. Drafts contracts and processes payment as required.
- Be an active member of Bat Week and other partner initiatives, representing organization’s digital space and providing expertise as needed.
- Remain abreast of developments and trends in digital, web, and social media.
- Perform other duties as assigned to help achieve the goals and objectives of the department.
- Develop and post engaging content through the organization’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Monitor and respond to all email inquirers and engage with our fans through comments and “likes” as needed.
- Engage and cultivate with relevant social media influencers to promote the organization’s mission and brand.
- Capture and share compelling stories about our work globally, with the goal of furthering the conservation priorities of the organization.
- Create engaging and viral posts through BCI’s blog, showcasing the wonders of bats and our conservation and science team in action.
Digital Assets System
- Manage organization’s photo and video library. This includes processing image and footage requests and payments from external parties, fulfilling image and stock footage requests for media services, coordinating the asset collection from field staff, overseeing all external filming contracts, and manage the Digital Asset Management (DAM) System, which houses our photo and video assets.
- A four-year undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- At least 4 years’ proven work experience in digital marketing, including managing digital platforms, developing campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate, and driving digital growth.
- Strong project management skills including coordinating with various staff members and partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to write quickly and accurately on deadline. Experience in AP-style editing and writing.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of staff, vendors, donors, partners, and supporters.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and high motivation. Superior organizational skills and ability to handle a multitude of tasks, including experience in adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to pivot and adapt to changes in project direction and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking. Up to date on the latest trends and best practices in digital management and marketing.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office Suite programs, Zoom, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, and Adobe Suite is a plus.
- Work in international and/or global digital marketing and communications, ideally in a non-profit setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, commitment to goal attainment, and ability to function as a partner within a team.
Work Characteristics and Competencies
- Motivated to create social and environmental impact.
- Outstanding commitment to professional integrity, honesty, and dependability.
- Highly professional demeanor to build and sustain productive working relationships with all levels of staff, vendors, and partners.
- Willingness to be flexible as business priorities and needs change.
- Highly curious individual who loves learning new things and solving problems.
- Contributes to a healthy workplace and organization.
What We Offer You:
The salary for this position is $75,000. Bat Conservation International offers a competitive compensation package with an organizational culture that supports staff well-being and professional development. Benefits includes: Generous paid vacation and sick time; 401(k) plan with employer match; Health, dental, and vision insurance plan. Individuals interested in applying should send their resume and cover letter. Applications are due by midnight on August 6, 2021.
Bat Conservation International is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community.